Sunday, December 6, 2009

   

Starring the Baby-sitters Club (Baby-Sitters Club Super Special # 9)
By Ann M. Martin

With Kristy in the title role in her school's production of


One of the bests4
This book was really good. When I am little my favourite book is Peter Pan and now it's the BSC-series-perfect! I like that idea Stacey and Sam play the Darlings but I think Jessi would be better Peter Pan than Kristy. My hobby is acting and now we're going to start Peter Pan! I want to be Tiger Lily, like Cokie, but Cokie is stupid. Especially when she said Jessi a little twerp.
I've read 22 books in finnish and 10-15 in english. And I like Starring the BSC is one of the bests in english.

Just Really Unrealistic3
This book is really good, and if you put aside the fact that this could never happen in real life, then you'll enjoy it. However, there were lots of times in the story when I thought, "Yeah, right." First of all, the SMS play would not have elementary or high schoolers in it--they would SMS students play all the parts. Plus, the high-schoolers would be too busy with their own play. I think that whole thing was just to give Mary Anne (the backstage baby-sitter), Mallory (since she and Mary Anne were sort of fighting about that) and Stacie (Sam was acting ridiculous) a conflict. Next, the casting wasn't very accurate--and I know from being in several school and summer-camp productions myself. Kristy didn't try out for the part of Peter Pan, wasn't really a superstar during the auditions, hadn't memorized the lines she was going to read, and didn't even prepare a dance routine. That would DEFINITELY not impress the director enough the give her the lead role, unless, like, he favored her or something. Jessi would be much more likely to get the party-the only advantages Kristy had were that she was an eighth-grader and maybe the director wanted to let someone who hadn't been in the spotlight so much a chance to shine. Still...and Dawn would have really gotten in trouble if she had done that in real life--plus, who the heck cares if the play is sexist? It's not like men were going to go out and make women do everything after seeing Peter Pan. If you want a good but VERY inaccurate book, you would enjoy this, but otherwise, just skip it.

good5
The Baby Sitters get involved onstage and off in SMS school production of Peter Pan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment